We strive to make the Give Us Time project as successful as possible for all those who wish to use the service. To help us do this, we ask you to commit to some rules in relation to our service and your use of the properties that have been kindly donated.
If you do not agree to these rules, you will not be able to complete your booking.
We will take any breach of these rules extremely seriously. If during your stay at a property you fail to adhere to the below agreement, we write to your military establishment with details of the breach of trust, and will take action to block you from booking properties with us in the future. It is our duty to look after our generous Hosts and your duty to respect their donation.
You agree that you will:
- not do anything that could harm the ability of Give Us Time to continue to provide this service to military personnel in the future or bring Give Us Time in disrepute.
- not bring unregistered guests or pets into the property.
- not bring illegal substances into the property or onto the property grounds.
- treat the donated property with respect at all times (including respecting no smoking policies in force at the property) and you will not use the property to have parties or conduct other activities that are not appropriate to holiday use.
- promptly notify the owner and Give Us Time of any damages incurred during your stay.
- give as much notice as possible if you need to cancel your booking (this will enable us to place the property with someone else or for the owner to take another booking).
- agree to comply with any other rules that the property owner may specify.
- hand back the keys to the owner or agent at the end of your stay and thank them for their time and donation.
Website General Terms and Conditions
General Terms & Conditions
These Terms and Conditions govern your use of the Give Us Time Website (the “Charity”, “we” or “us”). Please read them carefully as they affect your rights and liabilities under the law. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, please do use the Charity Site. If you have any questions on the Terms and Conditions, please contact email@example.com.
- Use of the Charity Site
The Charity Site is provided to you for your personal use subject to these Terms and Conditions. By using the Charity Site you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
We may update these Terms and Conditions from time to time for legal or regulatory reasons or to allow the proper operation of the Charity Site. Any changes will be notified to you via a suitable announcement on the Charity Site. The changes will apply to the use of the Charity Site after we have given notice. If you do not wish to accept the new Terms and Conditions you should not continue to use the Charity Site. If you continue to use the Charity Site after the date on which the change comes into effect, your use of the Charity Site indicates your agreement to be bound by the new Terms and Conditions.
- Intellectual property
The content of the Charity Site is protected by copyright, trademarks, database right and other intellectual property rights. You may retrieve and display the content of the Charity Site on a computer screen, store such content in electronic form on disk (but not any server or other storage device connected to a network) or print one copy of such content for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided you keep intact all and any copyright and proprietary notices. You may not otherwise reproduce, modify, copy or distribute or use for commercial purposes any of the materials or content on the Charity Site without written permission from the Charity.
- Your use of the Charity Site
- You may not use the Charity Site for any of the following purposes:
- disseminating any unlawful, harassing, libellous, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene, or otherwise objectionable material or otherwise breaching any laws;
- transmitting material that encourages conduct that constitutes a criminal offence, results in civil liability or otherwise breaches any applicable laws, regulations or code of practice;
- interfering with any other person's use or enjoyment of the Charity Site; or
- making, transmitting or storing electronic copies of materials protected by copyright without the permission of the owner.
- You will be responsible for our losses and costs resulting from your breach of this clause 5.
- You may not use the Charity Site for any of the following purposes:
- Availability of the Charity Site
- Although we aim to offer you the best service possible, we make no promise that the services at the Charity Site will meet your requirements. We cannot guarantee that the service will be fault-free.
- our access to the Charity Site may be occasionally restricted to allow for repairs, maintenance or the introduction of new facilities or services. We will attempt to restore the service as soon as we reasonably can.
- The Charity's liability
- The Charity Site provides content from other Internet sites or resources and while the Charity tries to ensure that material included on the Charity Site is correct, reputable and of high quality, it does not make any warranties or guarantees in relation to that content. If the Charity is informed of any inaccuracies in the material on the Site we will attempt to correct the inaccuracies as soon as we reasonably can.
- If we are in breach of these Terms & Conditions, we will only be responsible for any losses that you suffer as a result to the extent that they are a foreseeable consequence to both of us at the time you make the relevant order. Our liability shall not in any event include business losses such as lost data, lost profits or business interruption.
- This clause 6 shall not limit or affect our liability resulting from any products sold through the Charity Site being found to be unsafe or if something we do negligently causes death or personal injury.
- Third Party Websites
The Charity Site may include links to other web sites or material which are beyond its control. The Charity is not responsible for content on any site outside the Charity Site.
- Advertising and Sponsorship
Part of the Charity Site may contain advertising and sponsorship. Advertisers and sponsors are responsible for ensuring that material submitted for inclusion on the Charity Site complies with relevant laws and codes. We will not be responsible to you for any error or inaccuracy in advertising and sponsorship material.
- Applicable Law
These terms and conditions will be subject to the laws of England and Wales. We will try to solve any disagreements quickly and efficiently. If you are not happy with the way we deal with any disagreement and you want to take court proceedings, you must do so within the United Kingdom.
- You may not transfer any of your rights under these Terms and Conditions to any other person. We may transfer our rights under these Terms and Conditions to another business where we reasonably believe your rights will not be affected.
- If you breach these Terms and Conditions and the Charity chooses to ignore this, the Charity will still be entitled to use its rights and remedies at a later date or in any other situation where you breach the Terms and Conditions.
- The Charity shall not be responsible for any breach of these Terms and Conditions caused by circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
- The Charity Site is owned and operated by Give Us Time , a registered charity with registration number 08556057 (Registered in England and Wales) and Charity Commission Number 1152978.