TERMS AND CONDITIONS of the DONATION
GIVE US TIME AND DONOR
- definitionsIn these Conditions:
“Applicable Laws” means all applicable laws, regulations, regulatory requirements and codes of practice of any jurisdiction, as amended and in force from time to time.
“Applicant” means any person [registered to the Give Us Time website who may fill in a Booking Form /who is eligible to fill in a Booking Form] to apply to stay at the Property.
“Booking Form”means a form on the Give Us Time website to be completed by the Applicant following the receipt of an Initial Interest Form, which contains details of the Applicant’s party.
“Conditions” means the standard terms and conditions of the Donation of the Property to Give Us Time to be booked out by Applicants as set out in this document.
“Confirmed Booking” means a Provisional Booking of the Property that has been confirmed by the Donor.
“Donation” means the arrangement between the Donor and Give Us Time where the Donor agrees to provide the Property or several properties for Applicants to use without charge as set out in this document.
“Donor” means [●] [of] [(company no [●]) whose registered office is at] [●].
“Give Us Time” means a charity with registered charity no 1152978 whose registered address is at 71-75 Shelton Street, Covent Garden, London, WC2H 9JQ.
“Initial Interest Form” means a form that the Applicant must fill in to express an interest in the Property. The submission of on an Initial Interest Form is non-legally binding upon the Applicant.
“Late Cancellation” means if the Applicant either cancels a booking less than 24 hours prior to the commencement of the booking or fails to check in to the Property at the commencement of the booking where no notice has been given.
“Late Cancellation Fee” means the pre-confirmed sum, if any, decided and confirmed between the Applicant and the Donor at the Confirmation of Booking stage which is to be paid in the event of a Late Cancellation.
“Property” means [●] which is the subject [or one of the subjects] of the Donation.
“Provisional Booking” means a booking that is not yet a Confirmed Booking of the Property where the Applicant has submitted a Provisional Booking request.
- the booking process
- Applicants register their details on the Give Us Time website.. Once verified by the Give Us Time Administration the Applicant specifies the Property that they are interested in staying in. The Applicant will submit the completed Provisional Booking request to Give Us Time.
- If the specified Property is available, the Applicant will have a Provisional Booking for 72 hours.
- Once the Donor confirms the Provisional Booking, the Applicant shall have a Confirmed Booking of that Property.
- Give Us Time recommends that 72 hours prior to the commencement of the Applicant’s party’s stay at the Property, the Donor contact the Applicant to remind the Applicant about the details of the booking and ask the Applicant to give a final confirmation of his or her intention to stay at the Property for the agreed period of the booking.
- Late Cancellation Fee
- The Applicant will provide credit/debit card details to the Donor or provide a cheque made payable to the Donor for the sum of £100 on making a booking.
- The Donor may charge the Late Cancellation Fee in the event of a Late Cancellation.
- The Donor acknowledges that most damage to the Property is regarded as ordinary wear and tear and that repairs will be carried out by the Donor’s management without any recourse to Give Us Time or the Applicant.
- Accidental damage will not be charged to the Applicant.
The Donor shall for so long as it is a party to these Conditions, maintain in force at its own expense insurance to cover the Property and its contents, and any other insurance as required by Applicable Laws. Give Us Time reserves the right to inspect such insurance policies at any time on reasonable notice and shall be supplied with the current premium receipt from time to time on demand.
- Donor Warranties
The Donor represents and warrants that:
- The Donor has full title guarantee to the Property;
- That there is no restriction on the Donor’s ability to make the Donation;
- The Property is fit for the purpose of being a holiday let and that the Donor has all relevant permissions under Applicable Law;
- The description of the Property is accurate in all respects, and that such information may be provided without recourse to any third party;
- The during the period of the Donation, the Donor shall not enter into any contract with any other customer for the use of the Property, unless it has received confirmation of a Late Cancellation or there has been no Provisional Booking for the Property within 2 weeks of the start of the period of the Donation; and
- In performing its obligations under these Conditions that it shall comply with all Applicable Laws.
The Donor shall indemnify Give Us Time from and against all claims, demands, actions, awards, judgments, settlements, costs, expenses, liabilities, damages and losses (including all interest, fines, penalties, management time and legal and other professional costs and expenses) incurred by Give Us Time as a result of or in connection with:
- Any claim by any third party in respect of the Property as a result of negligence of or breach by or fraud on behalf of the Donor; and
- Breach of any warranty given by the Donor in relation to the Property.
- Either party may terminate these Conditions by giving notice in writing to the other party.
- Notice provisions means:
- 1 month if the Property is listed on the Give Us Time website but does not have a Provisional Booking or Confirmed Booking by an Applicant;
- 2 months if the Property has a Provisional Booking with an Applicant;
- 3 months if the Property has a Confirmed Booking with an Applicant.
- If a Donor withdraws the Property from the Donation when an Applicant has a Confirmed Booking and also has other properties which are the subject of a Donation, the Donor will assist Give Us Time to help make alternative arrangements for the Applicant.
- Termination shall not affect either of the parties’ accrued rights or liabilities, or the coming into force or the continuance in force of any provision which is expressly or by implication intended to come into or continue in force on or after such termination.
- Applicable Law
- These Conditions and any non-contractual obligations arising from them will be subject to the laws of England. We will try to solve any disagreements quickly and efficiently. The English courts have exclusive jurisdiction to determinate any dispute arising in connection with the Conditions, including disputes relating to non-contractual obligations.